quinta-feira, 2 de setembro de 2010

Tilapia With Coconut Milk (Ginataang Tilapia)

I personally believe that slow-cookers rock!

Seriously. I leave home for work at 9 am and I don't usually get home until after 8pm. Having a slow cooker and putting it to use to me means that, after being gone all day, I get home and not only do I not have to cook, but I also have fresh homemade preservative-free food ready to serve. I truly believe that the only thing that could make life easier would be to have a Rose (from the Jetsons) at home. Wishful thinking, I know.

Here is a delicious tilapia recipe easily cooked in your slow-cooker. You can also try the same recipe with cod fish, salmon or tuna.

Tilapia With Coconut Milk (Ginataang Tilapia)

4 tilapia fillets - 1 cup white rice - 1 cup brown rice - 1/2 cup black beans - 1/2 garbanzo benas (aka chick peas) - 2 carrots cut in chunky pieces - 3 bouillon cubes of seasoning for fish with coconut milk (Tempero para peixe com leite de coco Maggi) - 1 teaspoon set salt - water - black pepper

Place fish first into slow cooker then add remaining ingredients. Place carrots on top. Cover ingredients with hot water. Cook for 3 hours on low. Season with black pepper when ready to serve. Serves 3-4.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário