sexta-feira, 10 de setembro de 2010

Testing 1,2,3

This is the first post of many in the series 'Testing 1-2-3'.
What exactly is it?
I will as often as I can try out something that it supposed to help us and make life easier in the kitchen such as cake mixes and pasta sauces or other ready-to-go products.
Some work wonders and help a bunch when it comes to serving a family meal or hosting a get together for friends.
Others, just don't work.
This week I tried the passion fruit cake mix from Dona Benta (Bolo de Maracujá). You can find several cake mixes from Dona Benta at the store La Pequenita located on 2740 South State Street. Among the many flavors, my favorite are Lemon, Vanilla, Banana with Cinnamon, Chocolate, Swiss Cake (Chocolatíssimo), Creamy Milho Verde, Cornmeal, Strawberry, Carrot, Whole Wheat, and my all-time favorite: Aipim (Yuca).
Unfortunately, my cake didn't rise too much. It looked more like a pie that a cake, to be quite honest. However, what it lacked in size, it made up beautifully in taste. I added some white icing and it was a hit!
Maybe it is my oven that needs to be cleaned, fixed, regulated... You get the drill.
Anyway, I hope you try one of their products and reports to me what you thought of it.
For more info on their products and delicious recipes, go to http://www.donabenta.com.br/ (available in Portuguese only).
Here is a picture of what I decided to call My Passion Fruit Cake-Pie:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário