My dear 19 blog followers (LOL!),
I cannot believe it has been over a year since I last posted a recipe here. No, I did not stop cooking. No, I did not stop eating either! No way! Two small words can perfectly explain my long absence from my e-book of recipes: LAW SCHOOL.
In the last year, I accumulated a number of recipes and I will now do my best to post them one by one - and remember the exact ingredients, cooking time and secret ingredients. Phew!
And if you have any recipes you would like to share, send them my way. Keep in mind that this space is not only mine but yours too.
Sem mais delongas, vamos ao que interessa. How about we start with some awesome, delectable, super easy pizzas? I think I just heard a YES! One of the things I enjoy the most during summer is being able to cook and eat outside. Have you tried making pizza on the grill? I do it and I love it. Recently some friends told me they had a hard time making pizza on the grill. I hope the same does not happen to you. Use a pizza stone and place in the grill for at least 10 minutes before you place the pizza. Start by placing the dough (no toppings yet!) on the hot pizza stone for 1-2 minutes. Do not let it bake completely. Once the dough is a bit harder than when it is uncooked, take it out of the grill, add the toppings and put it back on the pizza stone. Wait until the pizza dough is completely cooked and the cheese has melted! Mamma mia! Here I go again! How can I resist you!
Pick your favorite and let the grilling season begin!
Tip for the pizza dough: use 2/3s of white flour and 1/3 of semolina (durum wheat) flour. See my Mom's recipe here: http://dabegni.blogspot.com/2010/07/williams-sonoma-veggie-pizza.html
1. Shrimp, artichokes, yellow squash and diced tomatoes
2. Spinach and salami with provolone cheese
3. Turkey and Parmesan cheese
4. 2-in-1 Pizza and Calzone: why settle for one when you can have both? The ingredients here are cheddar cheese and black olives
5. Calzone Full Moon: guess what's inside (yes, go ahead and guess because I can't remember!)
6. Grilled Ham and Cheese Calzone
7. Envelope Calzone (here with tomatoes and seasoned olive oil)
8. Calzone 'Torto'
9. Calzone with Cheese on Top
10. Calzone Half Moon
In the words of Mr. Porky Pig: That's all, folks!