terça-feira, 5 de outubro de 2010

Testing: Quindim do Dr. Oetker


This weekend I tried the Quindim mix from Dr. Oetker.
This mix turned out to be the answer to my prayers... sort of.
Amazingly enough, quindim is the Brazilian dessert I miss the most.
I said 'amazingly' because neither mom nor grandma used to make it at home.
I wouldn't even eat quindim every time we ate out.
But for some reason, every now and then I would have cravings for some quindim.
I had browsed thru several recipes and all of them call for at least 8 eggs which always refrained me from trying them - what if it doesn't work and I end up wasting 8 EGGS!?!?!?!
Anyway, the mix calls for only 6 tablespoons of water, 3 egg yolks (*) and one entire egg.
The only downside of the mix is that is doesn't make many servings - about 8 little squares or a quindim big enough for 4.
For 16 little pieces, you will have to make 2 recipes.
Other than that, the mix is wonderful!
In a scale from 1- 10 where 1 is very poor and 10 is excellent, I'd give it a 9.
Definately, a 'must' in every kitchen.
For decoration, use 16 raspberries and confectioner's sugar.
Very yummy!!!!


(*) save the egg whites for the next recipe.

Um comentário: