segunda-feira, 14 de junho de 2010

Frango e Abóbora ao molho de leite de coco
















I believe most of you know how much I like.. love... adore... am hopelessly devoted to... my slow cooker!!! It did indeed change my life. Isn't it wonderful that we can prepare pretty much everything we want to that requires a pressure cooker in a slow cooker? Part of my amazement comes from the fact that I am actually afraid of pressure cookers - ok, I said it! And this is not easy for me to admit, there are very few things I am afraid of - cockroaches, bridal/baby showers and mom when she's angry are equally scary to me! Putting all those things aside, the slow cooker is indeed one of the best inventions of the 21st Century. Now that I am done bearing my slow-cooker-mony, let's talk about recipes! Browsing thru the shelves of my fridge and cupboards, I came up with this amazing recipe that deserves to be shared if all of you. Bom apetite!

Frango & Abóbora ao molho de leite de coco - Acorn squash & Chicken Casserole with coconut milk seasoning

1 tray of chicken - any cut, from chicken breast to drumsticks
1 acorn squash, cut in chunky pieces
1 cup brown rice or bulgur
1/2 cup bell peppers, chopped
1/2 cup onions. chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 cups of water - approx.
3-4 bouillons of  Maggi's coconut milk seasoning
1 teaspoon of salt
Pepper to taste

1. Cut acorn squash into chunky pieces. If you have a good knife, you can easily do it without cooking the squash first. If you find it too hard, cook it it in very hot to boiling water for approx. 20 minutes or until soft enought to cut - but not too soft. You don't want to cook it entirely.
2. Cook pices of chicken on olive oil using a stir-fry pan until slightly brown.
3. Add ingredients in this order to slow cooker: onions, bell peppers, squash, rice, chicken, seasoning.
4. Let it cook on high for 4 hrs or slow for 6hrs.

Serve with green salad and french bread toast.

Any changes?
Suggestions?
New ideas?
Keep me POSTED!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário