terça-feira, 25 de maio de 2010

Old-Fashioned Split Pea Soup


May 24th, 2010. I woke up at 7-ish am and what was my surprise when I looked thru the window and saw that IT WAS ACTUALLY SNOWING! Temperatures had dropped from mid 60s to low 30s.
This phenomenon could only happen in Salt Lake City, I guess.
Since there is nothing I can do to change what goes on outside my window, at least I know I have full control of what happens on the inside of my apartment.
More precisely, in the kitchen area.
And split pea soup on a cold spring day it is.
This was the first time I tried out split pea soup with corn and loved the crunchiness it added to the soup.
Enjoy!

Old-Fashioned Split Pea Soup
1 package dry split peas
1 package ham in cubes
1 small onion, diced
1 can corn
2 bouillons feijoada or casseroles
4 cups of water
Salt and pepper to taste
Add ingredients in this order to your slow cooker. Let it cook for 3 (high) to 4 1/2 hours (slow).

Delectable! 





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário