quarta-feira, 12 de maio de 2010

Adapted Alaskan Frittata

My good friend, big brother Muri gave me one of the best brithday gifts I got this year: an Alaskan Cooking Book. Having visited Alaska a number of times, Muri always brings me a special something. The cooking book is amazing, full of recipes using trout, salmon, scallops and shrimp. So I decided to try one recipe but of course, I had to adapt it! Lol. The original recipe was Garden Vegetable Shrimp Quiche, which I changed to Garden Vegetable (aka left-overs) Albacore Frittata. Muri, I promise you I will make an entire recipe without any adaptations... in the near future... maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...

Garden Vegetable Albacore Frittata


6 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Sazon seasoning
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 cup frozen vegatables - corn, green beans and carrots
1/4 celery, diced
6 brussel sprouts, chopped
2 cans albacore in water
A pinch of pepper
Paprika

Pre-heat oven at 375-400.
Add onion to large skillet coated with cooking spray. Sauté onions until tender. Add vegetables and salt. When vegetables are thawed, add albacore. Add seasoning and pepper. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk eggs - the use of an electric beater is highly recommended - for about a minute.
Add vegetagle mix to a baking pan not larger than 9''. Pour eggs mix over vegetables. Sprinkle paprika as desired.
Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
Serves 2-3.
Serve with brown rice, soup or green salad.

A wonderful and delightful way to bring you a little closer to Alaska.



Um comentário:

  1. The adapted Frittata looks YUMMY, sis! I look forward to our get together ;)I am happy to know you have been enjoying your Alaskan cooking book! Da Begni rocks. XOXO

    ResponderExcluir